Saturday, January 3, 2009

phrase

shaky words, spoken steady

shaky words, spoken steady

that's what i'm made of.
if you think it's confidence,
i've got you fooled.
cocky? it's feigned.
if i spoke uncaringly, i'm sorry.

when i can't think my words slowly,
i speak them faster,
and watch them run into the walls,
stumbling into each other,
struggling when i pick them up,
until i have the grace to let them lie.

despite the fragile words,
i can manage to talk them through,
making them seem strong,
sailing smoothly with the crew.

i shouldn't have tried to rhyme that.
but i like the phrase shaky words, spoken steady.
beacause it means something to me, not to you.
maybe to you, but that's no reason for me to like it.
-----------------------
soccer game tonight was super fun.
i scored a goal.
my sister scored a goal (so proud!)
i love my family.

and really, when i'm barefoot i just feel so much more ninja.  i just want to be more acrobatic.
that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment