Thursday, October 9, 2008

briefly

i'm writing a paper right now and i have to quote from three different historical memoirs. one of them is from Augustine.

"But what was it that delighted me save to love and to be loved? Still I did
not keep the moderate way of the love of mind to mind--the bright path of
friendship. Instead, the mists of passion steamed up out of the puddly concupiscence
of the flesh, and the hot imagination of puberty, and they so obscured and overcast
my heart that I was unable to distinguish pure affection from unholy desire."

years ago. i won't make the same mistake again. i won't let myself.

i looked up concupiscence, since i had never heard the word before.
concupiscence: 1. sexual desire; lust. 2. ardent, usually sensuous, longing.

vocab for the day. try to use it in a sentence in normal conversation this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment