Friday, October 17, 2008

much love

listening to: La Dispute - The Last Lost Continent

this is my brother
i love him. he had District Finals for soccer tonight. sadly the team lost. i gave him a hug and he cried. i almost cried to.

i remember the feeling so well. you tried so hard, so hard and you wanted it so bad but it ended and you didn't get there. I remember those important games, the tournaments and championships. I was on teams that got to the finals so many times but never came through with first place. so much heartbreak in it. i can remember crying over it. you're so tired, just spent from using all your energy and putting all of yourself into it but still fell short. it's such a small moment in the span of life but it meant so much at the time.

i feel ya bro.

luckily i got out of work early enough to catch almost all of the second half. i never made it out to any of the other games this year because i always had a work schedule conflict or something like that. it's too bad I didn't see more of the games. if my brother plays college ball i'll definitely have to come see him when i can.

speaking of soccer, i think i'm going to get to start playing again soon! my friend seth called me up and asked if i wanted to play, and i *really* want to play. i just have to see if work will let me work tuesday mornings intead of wednesday nights for a while. oh i really hope they're cool with that. i really want to get out there and play. it just feels so good. it would really be delightful if i had a spectator or two or more there once or twice, that is if anybody likes soccer and has a free wednesday night sometime.

alright. i need to make an important descision to either do homework or play a game. maybe a little of one then the other. :)

4 comments:

  1. I'll play football with you anytime. How about before the La Dispute CD release?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I always have something to say about your posts, but for some reason I never actually post it. I need to catch up now.

    Cat video = lulz!

    Apocalyptica is sweet! I got a little into them when I was a kind of metalhead for like a month in high school (I think it was post classic rock and pre sufjan stevens, lulz). But I forgot about them! I am going to go dig some of their stuff off my external.

    I'm glad you investigated that billboard instead of just ignorantly ranting about it. Props on good journalism.

    I read about that guy on digg. Lulz@failing RL. I am also a slave to thinking too far ahead.

    Maybe I will listen to La Dispute again. I thought they sucked last time I did, but you are constantly promoting them so I'll have to see.

    Soccer is fun! I suck at soccer :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait a minute... how do you have possession of "such small hands" and "the last lost continent"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @steve: if my schedule allows it, i'd love to kick a ball around.

    @adam: la dispute is great live. much feeling. the singer is one of the nicest people ever, always smiling.

    @josh: muahaha, msg me on facebook.

    ReplyDelete