Saturday, May 10, 2008

classic, in more than one way

listening to: you'll see, i don't want to give it away at the beginning.

i need to watch my words a little i think.

i feel like i'm at a little crossroads, deciding what to do. being a friend can be complicated. or maybe it's so simple that i'm just making it seem complicated. i probably do that sometimes, make things seem more complex than they really are or should be. all that over-analyzing and thinking too much on consequences and how other people will view it; those kind of thoughts get in the way.


but. i've thought about this song on and off for over a week, and just now i remembered it at a time when i could look it up. it's a classic. i laughed at myself as i started listening to it, but it really is a good song. i present you with it now.



Michael W. Smith - Place in this World

The wind is moving
But I am standing still
A life of pages
Waiting to be filled
A heart thats hopeful
A head thats full of dreams
But this becoming
Is harder than it seems
Feels like im

Chorus:
Looking for a reason
Roaming through the night to find
My place in this world
My place in this world
Not a lot to lean on
I need your light to help me find
My place in this world
My place in this world

If there are millions
Down on their knees
Among the many
Can you still hear me
Hear me asking
Where do I belong
Is there a vision
That I can call my own
Show me im

Chorus
-----------------------------
haha great song right? classic, you remember it i'm sure. yeah, he was the man back then.

so anyway. i would like to be comforting, consoling and generally a caring friend but i don't think i know how to do that properly in this case. where is my place in this case? i'm sure i'll be pondering it out while at work today. which reminds me, i need to leave for work.

love and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment