Tuesday, November 11, 2008

people people people

listening to: La Dispute - Said the King to the River

firstly, good news.
i think i found the next guitar i'm going to buy.
i think there's a good name to call this guitar somewhere in my head, but i can't pull it out. it's a Gibson Les Paul Double Cutaway style. no pickguard, 2 volume knobs for the pickups, one tone knob. looks pretty. i want to find one to try out first though. exciting. now i need to start setting some money aside. maybe in a year or so...

the costco "holiday" party is saturday, i'm pretty excited to go. i'm bringing emo with me, because that's safe. nick didn't respond when i asked him if he wanted to go. i think that meant he was saying "i'm probably supposed to hang out with cory that weekend like i do every weekend so i'll have to say no but i won't directly say no" whatev. should be fun. i'm hoping to win a tv or a ps3. fingers crossed! :)

everybody at work is talking about the party, mostly just asking other people if they are going. last night after we were closed some one asked who i was taking with to the party. before i could answer some one else chimed in with "you're taking your girlfriend right?" and i had to fake chastise him for being so out of touch with my life. one of the managers heard i didn't have a girlfriend and he made a big deal about it, saying we need to find somebody for me. he suggested a lady who works there, because she's single (newly divorced). har har rigo. har har. and jen was telling me all about her wonderful friend who thought i was cute in a picture. jen would like nothing more than to get me a date with one of her good friends. she sounded pretty interesting though. older than me (you know how i roll, /sarcasm), works at the red cross, goes to mars hill, loves reading books, very "cultured," been to france for a while. sounds nice. i'm not considering it, just recording thoughts.

man, i really handled things badly a year ago. almost exactly a year ago. fractured two important, meaningful friendships. one broke completely. Jo won't even talk to me anymore, and i'm sorry. the other... well it's ok now, but i just regret how i handled it. so much to learn. i worry i missed out on something good. but you can't live life thinking that way. at least, you can't and be happy.

i usually walk with my head level or down when i leave school. today i walked looking up, and it made all the difference.

2 comments:

  1. Last November was just... bad. Many mistakes were made all around. Many regrets. But, you're right. You can't constantly look at the past. There's no room for happiness in that; only disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not calling the month bad. There was good in it. I learned, things about myself and about people. I don't regret learning, but sometimes the way you had to realize those things isn't ideal. It's just a month where everything happened all at once and I didn't handle it as well as I could have. There are solidly good memories from then, I wouldn't go back and change it. Just need to learn.

    ReplyDelete