Thursday, February 21, 2008

my mind is soaring

things are going great. so so good.

i scoured the career pavilion today for internships. i was pleased.
i'm pretty sure i talked to all the companies I wanted to talk to, and even some I really didn't feel like talking to. I handed out resume's, business cards, and portfolio CDs. the first time I presented myself, to bottlerocket games, was sooo good. i felt so awesome after it, things just went really well. a lot of companies were only accepting things online, but that's ok. I made sure to write down what companies said to me about contacting them or where to look for internships. i need to remember to get back to companies that I handed stuff to. great day for career related things, imo.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl. This is such an awesome game, i love it. I would not choose to marry it, but take it as a mistress that I flaunt in the face of my peers, but without having an obligation for a relationship focused on longevity. Perhaps if I had won the tournament I would consider matrimony. But I didn't. Lost in the first round. Curse you yoshi's island for trapping me underneath you unawares twice. It came down to me and a person that played zelda in the actual form of zelda. Let me say, the years of playing against only sheik were detrimental. Zelda's magic related melee attacks are OP and I was not prepared for it. More counters may have turned the tides in my favor. We were both down to 1 stock left, and her attack was just too strong, it hit me too far. Alas....
But it was amazing to play that game though. I can't wait for it to come out.

I have so many pictures and videos of this week to upload. I'm going to be busy when I get back home. Don't let that make you think that I don't want to do anything though. Getting out of the house is good.

Anyway, I need to go grab some dinner, probably with Giannii. A special thanks goes out to him for letting me stay at his place. Instead of $50 a night in hotel bills, I only pay $3 for the bus ride to the covention center and back. Rockin'

Speaking of rocking... I've had dragonforce stuck in my head every day this week because every day I have to walk by Intel's booth where they have guitar hero 3 set up and people are always playing that song. Ridiculous. Some people can even beat it on expert. Also ridiculous. or, ridic, for short.

I'm skipping the parties with drunk people. Even if I do meet people/get business cards, they may not remember me the next day. Alcohol just really isn't my thing.

Pray that I stop coughing. I would like it to end.

Kthxbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment