Monday, February 11, 2008

a try

so i've got this small ambition. i'm going to attempt to write some sort of something every day.
and in case you want to know what i'm writing, you won't have to look any farther than right here.

of course, this try is going to fail, because i'm leaving for california next week, and won't have a computer unless the kindness of my already very kind host giannii extends to an offer of internet access.

i'm not sad, but i feel like expressing sadness. so, jumping into another perspective, i'll write.


how broken must i become before i can be made whole?
are my pieces numerous enough to be restored as a new creation?
how long must i endure this darkness and distance and despair?
if i am not low enough,
if i am not humble enough,
if i still resemble the life i asked for deliverance from
then drive me deeper
break me further
until You are all that is left of me and i am nothing.

make me, mold me,
shape me, forge me,
build me to be beautiful for You.
an image of your love, grace and peace

Lord i am Yours.
------------------------------------------

i'm unsatisfied with that for some reason. from a writing point of view at least. the message is there, i think, but i don't feel i presented it well enough. i guess if i force myself to write i'm not always going to love what comes out. heh.

if nothing else, at least i'll have tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment