Tuesday, February 12, 2008

winter can end now.... please

i'd love it if winter ended.

this morning i was late to work.
my car would not move from it's spot on the side of the street.
after many tries to rearrange snow in/under/around my car
(which included getting in and out of the passenger side door multiple times because the other door is froze in the "locked" position)
i realized that one of my tires was chillin' on ice.
that was enough to keep my car from going anywhere.


went inside, got a large pot of hot water
dumped that all around my tire
turned the ice to slush and once i spun the tire and hit pavement,
i was free.
free to go to work.
yee haw.

but i felt accomplished doing all that work and solving the problem on my own. it was nice in a way. but i'd really like it if the weather would just warm up and stop giving me wednesday snow days because i really do like my classes that day.

i think that's all there is of note tonight. i'm getting excited to go to chicago, and then of course california. i hope to be taking a lot of pictures, which i'm usually bad at doing. we shall see. i need to get a resume together and possibly put some more stuff into my printed portfolio.

here's a thought that scares me. if i get a good summer internship offer out on the west coast or anywhere else, i might take it. i am terrified. in my mind, if God gives me this opportunity, I think i should take it. it would only be for a summer. scary, so scary to me, but I could do it. we shall see with time and prayer though. time and prayer.

i started writing a song while i was at work today, standing around at the gas station covering a break. it's 4 lines so far, not a lot because i got distracted from writing. it's going to be about "the one." you know, that special some one that you'll marry and have an awesome life with. here's what i've got so far;

do i already know you?
have i ever seen your face?
or is it that i'll meet you at,
another time and place?

that's it. following my habit of 4 line writing. i like structure, symmetry. i like having rules to work in and with. most times at least.

over the years, i've written a fair amount of things for one girl or another, whether they ever knew it or not. poems/letters/songs or whatever. i think i've always been kind of dreamy when it comes to relationships, and i put a lot of myself and feelings into them. i'm not always realistic about things, so i can get carried away with my written affection. but i gave myself a new outlook on this. all the songs, all the poems, the words of love, they're really for that one person I'm going to end up with. Sure, I might have given those things to other girls, but the love behind it is intended for *the* girl. I'm afraid that one day I might have to apologize for my misdirected love, but I think I'll be able to say "I wrote this for you."

and i think that's kind of what the song is going to be about. it might be split into two parts, one from each person's perspective in the relationship, the guy and girl. the b and the g. but we'll see what happens when i take the time to work on it.

i so stay up later than i should.
-farewell.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, "the b and the g". who invented that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a great question.
    up there with q's like "why is that bluebird?" which i think may just be the ultimate question, and finding the answer will solve many of life's problems.

    ReplyDelete