Wednesday, February 13, 2008

my oh my

I just took some nyqil pillz.

i dislike taking pills but was convinced to take these for my own good.
i should start fading out very soon.
but before i go i thought i'd share some things written today.

i think i actually came up with both things in philosophy class this morning.
that's a good class for thinking/brain activity.

first is a little something taken from the tune of a Drop Dead, Gorgeous song titled "It's Pretty Hard to Beat the King."
----
hey baby,
i've got a reason to breathe
it's not for somebody else


and just maybe
we'll walk right out of this scene
and find out why we're ourselves
----

if you could only hear the piano part to that song, sets the whole tone.
second thing is lines that came into my head sitting in class.
i feel like i've heard it somewhere before, but i think i made it up.
maybe i read it somewhere though... the Bible? anyway, it is:
----
give me sorrow
that i may know joy.
give me trouble
that i may know peace.
give me judgement
that i may know grace.
and give me lonliness
so that i may know love.
----
sounds like a psalm.
hopefully i didn't steal it.

ok, time for my nyquil induced sleep. this should be nice.
thanks kel.

No comments:

Post a Comment