Thursday, April 3, 2008

splendid day

i woke to see the sun shining. i love that.

classes went well. i'm making slow progress on the flash game for Mark Kissler. but then again, i don't have the hard part to do so really i'm moving along just fine. sometime soon i'm going to have a meeting with some people from Jenison Christian Schools about helping them make a promotional video. i made a good jump in progress on my own flash game, i'm excited to continue working on it. my soccer game was much fun, i scored a goal! i stopped by home after the game and talked to my mom for a bit, then talked to west for a bit. both good talks, i love my family. maybe the most important thing about today is that from this point, my summer internship is a GO.
yeah! i'll be doing work for Giannii on a couple of his projects. fun! this is just another example of how blessed i really am in my life. so many great things for me have just fallen into my lap. all of my jobs before costco were basically offered to me, i didn't have to search them out. and with costco i just applied and sat around for a week and they called me. playing guitar at church wasn't my idea, i was asked to and it turned out to be one of the greatest happenings in my life. it was literally almost an accident that we ended up adopting 3 kids, all i did was mention an email i got from my aunt. even the path leading to this internship opportunity was crazy blessed. i met giannii last year in california because he knew a friend of a friend and he went to a party or two with us. i kept in contact with him online. i wouldn't have been able to go to cali again this year if it hadn't been for him offering his place for me to stay at, and Jo paid for my plane tickets.

if all of these things have just been "good luck" so far, then i think i would start panicking. if it was all just happening by chance, i have every reason to be afraid of when that luck is going to "run out." i'm glad i know and can rely on the fact that God's got my back. it's really quite nice.

soah... nothing awe inspiring or creatively cool to post tonight i think. but i will leave you with the funniest thing i've seen all day. it's a music video from Horse the Band, their song Lord Gold's Throne Room. if you're sensitive, i suggest avoiding listening to the words. but the singer "dancing" and other things in this video had me cracking up in class.



oh! and thanks to Emily for making me a paper tiger! it's much much more complicated than i thought it was going to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment