Friday, July 11, 2008

movies /= life

listening to: The Devil Wears Prada - Don't Dink and Drance

i am not the type of guy that is in the movies.
at least not the movies i know.

i am not the tough guy with the soft side. not the b.a. with a heart people don't see. not the one that looks insensitive but actually has a love for some kind of music that's against that image, maybe old jazz or maybe jack johnson or feist or something like that, something gentle.

i am somewhat the opposite.
i am the nice guy that likes metal. i'm the kind hearted kid that likes to flail around when he dances and gets wrecked in the pit at concerts. the quiet one who likes screaming, although i don't think i'm nearly so quiet as i used to be. i typically do not like the "classics" in music that it seems like everybody likes. i never listen to the beatles, i don't know the old rock or punk groups, classic rock never really appealed to me. meh, oh well. i'd like to thank steve for having me listen to music on the NY drive that i'd probably never listen to on my own. most of it isn't stuff that i'd listen to on my own really, but it's enjoyable with other people.

this is what i was thinking about the other day. i'm not that rebel character, breakin' the rules and not caring, but i love the passion and fire and intensity in harder music. especially the Christian ones like The Devil Wears Prada, Burden of a Day and others.

but i could never claim to not like mellow music. I feel that Portugal The Man is a very unlike me kind of band, but I really really like them. That cd has been in my player 80% of the time i'm in my car over the past month or so.

I also think it's funny how divisive people can get when favorite bands come up. just yesterday i think i had a girl upset at me because i liked The Devil Wears Prada. it was funny. but then again, i think that i probably look down on some people because of bands that they like, which is very wrong of me. there are some bands though that i just have a real dislike for, usually because of the content of their music or the type of people they seem to be.

well anyway, i've got to get my day going.
last night was kinda crazy. holland meijer after midnight, visiting rich, trying to find the beach and failing. so college.

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment