Tuesday, December 16, 2008

16

listening to: Cold War Kids - Something is Not Right With Me

has the smoke cleared enough for me to be able to do this without appearing to be copying?
because i've been waiting for that.
and i've been trying to think of good things to write.

1.  My biggest dream in life includes the following:  1.traveling the world in a band playing my own music  2. at every show, play at least one hymn/praise song, either the original version or a cover  3. having a cute girl along to take pictures and maybe sell merch and maybe be mine.   condition 3 is non-critical.

2. I love words.  I really love big words.  I find the use of big words attractive.  Not obnoxious/pretentious but just using cool words, even creatively.  mm yeah, vocab.

3. I love music, a whole lot, but i don't want to know too much about it, all the theory and what things are supposed to go together and all that.  i worry that if i knew all that stuff it would kill something wild and creative and free about music for me.  i like the discovery, and i feel that if i had the map memorized it would make the journey less exciting.

4. it's my fault my family adopted 3 kids from albania about 4 years ago.  i would never consider taking that back.  i really like having sisters.

5. my favorite food is pb&j sandwiches.  best combination of simplicity and taste.  yum.

6. i really like cool shirts.  cool designs/words/bands.  t-shirts are standard attire for me beacuse i have so many that i like.  this is why i'm sorta addicted to shirt.woot.   i want to get rid of all my not as cool shirts and just wear ones that i love all the time.  it delights me when people say the shirt i'm wearing is cool.

7.  my favorite number is 47.  this came about fairly abitrarily.  i was getting an email address and i needed to put a number on it, i think i was trying to pick 49 because for some reason i like the 49ers, but it was taken so i chose 47.  and now it's my favorite.

8. i absolutely adore lolcat pictures.  they can easily consume a half hour of my time (or more) without me realizing it.  along with that goes with my enjoyment of talking in lolspeak.  which is similar to me liking to write in l33t sometimes, and i like back and forth conversations of that nature.

9. i quite rarely curse, but by far the most common time for me to use expletives is during soccer, but it's always directed at myself for not doing something i should have.  second place for most swears used is video games.  third is minor injuries.  and i say them quietly.

10. i dislike medicine a lot.  i hate swallowing pills.  basically i avoid taking any medicine when i can.  only exception is when i have something really annoying like a stuffy nose or cough.  i'm willing to swallow a small pill for that.  but i never take painkillers.   i can handle it, kthx.

11. i really really want to know another language someday.  really.  maybe i'll move someplace to pick one up.

12. i almost always pace when i am talking on the phone or brushing my teeth.

13. I have a somewhat strange habit of eating my food proportionally.  Example: if i have corn, mashed potatoes, bread, and green beans on my plate, when i am just about done eating i will have one bite of each item left on the plate.  for some reason i like to finish all my different foods at the same time.  and i always eat the smallest chips first and it bugs me when somebody comes by and takes the big chip that i was saving for last.

14. The Jarrod Theorem: Any food that tastes good on it's own will taste as good or better when combined with peanut butter.  So far I haven't been proven wrong and tic tacs do not count as food.

15. I think I'd like to try opening a restaurant.  except we just serve peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  i'd start out lemonade stand style to see how well i could do, then grow as appropriate.  i'd sell sammiches on different kinds of bread using different kinds of peanut butter and jelly and they could be toasted too.  it would be fun to talk to people as i make their sandwich.  i would call it, "PB& Jarrod."  i had secretly hoped kelley wouldn't find out my idea because "PB& Kelley" sounds better and she could run a business more effectively.

16. i'm good at waiting.  i spend a lot of time waiting for things.  i'll go for it all when i'm ready, but my opportunities come when i'm patient.  this is contrary to what most of the world would advise, but that's why i think it's good.  things always work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment