Thursday, December 4, 2008

hm... title.

listening to: Regina Spektor - On the Radio

just had a pretty intense discussion about pokemon with my roommates and two visiting friends.
fantastic.
except i can't find my blue version.  but i found a bunch of other random stuff i forgot i had.
i like digging through old objects that i don't need at all.  it's digging through memories.
but i still want to get rid of a ton of it.  i just don't need so much stuff.

tonight at my soccer game i felt like i finally clicked.  i finally got back into it and played well.  maybe it was scoring 6 goals last week, gave me confidence or something.  we played the (by far) hardest team in our league.  they destroyed us last time we played against them.  we played solid though tonight.  more importantly to me, i played pretty solid.  i still don't feel like i'm where i used to be, but i feel like i tried way harder this time.  it was really rewarding to do well.  we lost the game by a couple goals, but it was really close throughout the whole match.  loved it.

my dad was there to watch.  after the game we went and got shakes at mcdonalds and i listened for a long while, as is fairly typical nowadays.  i'm not saying listening is a bad thing, i just don't really have much input to speak myself.  but he told me something that made me very glad.  last sunday my mom called him and offered to come by and put up/decorate a Christmas tree for him.  granted, she wanted to do it while he was gone from the house, but still... she actually offered.  i think that's a really good sign.  time and prayer, prayer and time.

i've got more homework to do than my current work eithic would indicate.
this weekend will be a little crazy.
but i'll live.
and that's good.

if you'll excuse me, i've got some sleeping to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment