Monday, December 1, 2008

such beautiful words

the is the final message sent out to my No Shave November group.  i loved it.
--------
December has arrived.

Mere words cannot possibly do justice to the feelings of pride I'm currently brimming with for all you, but I feel it's my duty to make a feeble attempt regardless.

I could rant and rave endlessly with all sorts of grandiloquent language about what a punishing struggle the past month of gnarliness and shagginess may have been for you. But you know about that better than I do. You've been there. And why focus on the dreary experiences of yore when victory has already been attained?

Likewise, I could also blather on about the glorious trophies of masculinity adorning each of our faces, and how satisfying it is to now possess bragging rights about maintenance abstinence. But little needs to be said there either, because no one likes it when people restate the obvious.

And so, though I have no idea how to conclude this event in paragraph form, I'd say it's almost better that way. You know what you did. And you know that your position on the scale of general awesomeness has climbed tenfold because of your accomplishment. So give yourself a pat on the back, followed by a hearty stroke of the furry chin.

Some of you have expressed on the event wall that you see no reason to shave now just because of some random date set by Pope Gregory XIII during the Renaissance. I agree wholeheartedly, but must personally abstain from such continuation because of disappointing pressure from my boss. But for those of you who seek to wield your beards for days, weeks or even months to come, I commend you, and you have my blessing. Godspeed to you.

It's been a true pleasure carrying the flag for this great American tradition this year. I'm still amazed that over 1400 people chose to participate in this just through this one event in the Book of Faces, and it blows my mind trying to imagine how many more followers were recruited through similar event pages. Finally, I'd just like to say that I seriously relish in the fact that over 4000 people are going to find this message in their Inbox at some time in the next few days, and will then proceed to be disappointed that it wasn't something important.

Go now and shave with a bittersweet heart.

With all my verbose nonsense,
Mike Mirza

-----------------

so much awesome in there.
i can't stop laughing this morning.
this letter + steve in his car + the lolcat i made last night = me laughing out loud to myself at random.
this is a good morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment