Sunday, June 8, 2008

it wasn't my day but i enjoyed it anyway

listening to: Burden of a Day - I'm Only Laughing on the Outside

so today started off pretty good. woke up at 9 to my alarm, hung around in bed for a while because i was tired. got up before 9:30, had some breakfast while watching a home movies episode. then i got to work on internship duties.

i've been kinda stuck on getting the movement of the player to work correctly. i would press an arrow key and the character would move, then stop for half a second, then get moving again smoothly. i sent an email out to my professor and a friend from class to see if they knew what was up. my prof emailed me back in about 10 minutes explaining why my problem was happening and how i should fix it. he also gave me his phone number in case i needed more help. sweet! he's a cool guy, actually only a few years older than i am.

speaking of how old i am, every time i see alcohol i find myself surprised when i think that i could buy it if i wanted to.

but anyway, just a few minutes ago i got the movement on the game working. it's not 100% right, but i got the big problem done and now it just needs tweaking. awesome. i'm liking this stuff. i'm going to be proud of the final outcome, i know it.

so anyway, back to my day. drove off to work, things were going good. it was hot but my windows were down. a bug splattered on my windshield, leaving juice as the body was blown off my car. moments later i heard a sound, "hmm that sounds like i ran over metal or something." more moments later i heard another sound "hmm that sounds and feels like my tire is flapping... crap."

so i pulled over on the exit ramp of the highway and sure enough, my tire was totally flat. i took it off and found the hole in it. just a clean puncture. called work, told them i'd be late, and then put the spare on. drove to work, stopped by the tire center and figured that i'd be buying two new tires today. it's nice that my work has a tire shop. work went pretty well. got out 2 and a half hours early (it's ok, i picked up 6 extra hours this week) and got my new tires. the old tire was all worn on the inside from me driving a short distance with it flat. there goes about $133. i was going to use that to fix something else on my car, but oh wells... it can wait i suppose. maybe i should bike to work like trisha. i just might. and then when i was at work late, i forgot to punch in. whoops, it wasn't my day.

it got better from there, except that rich couldn't hang out with me like i thought he was going to be able to.

i played with my sequencer today! it's actually WAY cooler than i thought it was going to be. i was very amused with it just playing for a small amount of time. i'm going to have to videotape me using it sometime and post it. went to a rampage game with alex, theo, brian, scott and justin. twas fun. ran around in the pouring rain, also fun. i intend to play in the rain at least once this summer.

i've been loving the storms! i really do enjoy a good storm. fun to watch. i loved the really windy evening friday. i like being out in it. the wind on the verge of violence, blowing hard. it makes me want to walk around outside or just sit and be in it. totally cool.

i need to figure out how to save money to go to california, because i need to go. i also should get some sleep. much love to all my friends out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment