Wednesday, March 26, 2008

a change of pace

i'm sitting in the lab at school.

i've got my guitar in my lap.
i'm listening to Justice - Phantom Pt II
cool.

i took my guitar to school today to help me write music for the flash game i'm working on. it's turning out dece. this morning sucked at first. from the moment i woke up, i was nervous/anxious/worried/discontent. then i realized i have this important meeting with my adviser today and i felt worse. i talked to kelley and alex and i started feeling a bit better. but i actually layed face down on my bed with the pillow over my head, and cried and prayed. then i got up and got ready for school.

right before i left though, i saw scuba steve sign on to aim. i suddenly had the urge to check his blog. i did, and even though it made me a little late for class, i watched a video he had posted there last week. it totally changed my day. it was about... well, i'll just link it in.

Lover In The Snow


it inspired me. i saw him with his dream of playing soccer, something that i love, and his dream was impossible to him. then suddenly it wasn't impossible anymore, and he chased after it hard. it gave me what i needed today to walk out the door confident in myself today. whatever happens to me with school, jobs, internships or whatever, it doesn't define who i am. if my worst fears right now about school come true, if i have to take the class i dread, if i don't get an internship or if i have to move away, it's not going to change who i am. i am still Jarrod.

so thanks steve.
sometimes you'd be surprised how something so small that you did, for whatever insignificant reason, can have a profound effect on another person.

i want to post this video too, because i love this song right now, and the video is entertaining.
enjoy Phantom Pt. II by JUSTICE

No comments:

Post a Comment