Friday, March 28, 2008

fork in the road

i need to talk to someone, or multiple someones, about what to do.
my oh my.
let's keep our heads shall we?

today i started writing the song for my grandparent's anniversary. it's gonna be a cute little number about being together with someone. i like it. i think you'll like it too.

tomorrow we shall see how much catharsis i can accomplish. it's the first concert on my list of them for the coming months. it shall be metal. i will be dancing. it will be intense. we'll see if i get hurt or not. so far the worst concert related injuries i've had haven't been too damaging. there's been the failed stage dive, the kick in the head, and the extremely random punch in the stomach. i'm going to try to make it out to bowling after the concert, but i doubt i'll do any bowling myself. who knows how late i'll be done dancing? heh.
ooh, and i'm buying tickets for the fall of troy tomorrow, exciting!

i tagged along with emo and femi to meijers and the hookah lounge. tyler was at the lounge, i talked to him for a bit. then suddenly that one song came on there, the one that goes "grab my last request and just let me hold you, don't shrug your shoulders, lay down beside me." i don't remember the name of it or who it's by, bu i certainly remember that song.

i think before going to bed i'm going to see about writing a little more music, then finishing up A Grief Observed. tonight i'll end with a youtube video. A song called Death Rides a Horse by Russian Cirlces. i don't think the band uses any lyrics or singing. the first 1:25 of the video is just like... ambient noise and then it breaks into what is my favorite song by them. good stuff, the guitarist is quite talented.



i do believe it's time to start facing things i've been afraid of. one by one i've been knocking down fears, and i think i need to go find answers to questions that scare me to think of. like i read in A Grief Observed the other day, the idea of something bad/painful/scary is often worse than the actual thing. Gods got my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment