Saturday, March 8, 2008

mm mm good

today was pretty good.

actually it didn't start off that great. hah.

got up, showered, good start. got to work. my supervisor informed me of a stupid new "policy" or idea or something that if cashiers don't get at least 3 members a day to upgrade to the executive membership, then they won't get to cashier anymore. yeah, lets see that one enforced. guess we're not going to have anybody cashiering within a week. i think today might have been the first time i actually directly talked back to my supervisor. we were super busy today for a while and he was trying to hand me a scanner gun so i could scan member's cards while also running the register. i told him i wouldn't do it, we're too busy. i've been really fast on register lately. if i have to stop and ask every member about upgrading their membership, my lane is going to slow waaay down. that's about the only thing i care about. shortly after my remark to my supervisor, i got put out on carts. i don't know if the talk back and the carts assignment were related or not :)

but carts was a nightmare. they didn't put anybody out there for 2 hours and then i got thrown out there by myself to clean it up. ugh. so not fun. oh well, builds character or something.

here's the top event that happened at work today. i brought a small package of m&m minis to work with me. little plastic tube-shaped bag of them. so while at work, i tear open the top of the package and pour some in my mouth. half of the bag's contents are in my mouth and i suddenly realize "this is NOT mini m&ms." it was koolaid mix. straight up tropical punch flavored powdered koolaid. and my mouth was quite full of it. at first i thought i could handle it, it's like a pixie stick right? wrong. i ended up running to the faucet in the break room and washing my mouth out under it. it was pretty funny.

after work i stopped by my parents house to drop off some movies and games. talked to my mom a bit, had some pumpkin pie. good stuff. went home and waited for david burkett to get here. he did, we played guitar hero then left to play in a soccer game. the game was great fun, i scored a goal ^_^ after that, went to see alex over at his friend's house. we played mario and sonic at the olympics. wow, that was fun, and tiring. the swimming one really really takes it out of you. i can still feel it in my arms. that had to have been so funny to watch. we talked and played scrabble until like 1am. good times.


so now i'm tired. real tired. time to go to sleep. do i have any thoughts to leave you with? not really. but i do want to give a lil shout out to alex. thanks for being a reader and telling me about it :)

to bed with me! morning shall come too early, i know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment