Tuesday, March 11, 2008

standing tall, falling short

today was quite productive and pretty much all awesome.

i was up kinda late playing smash bros, but i went to philosophy class in the morning and i wasn't even tired during it. after that i spent about 2 hours watching business law videos. i'm going to attempt to take the test without having a book to study from. i'm praying that i won't need the book, since it's stupidly expensive.

hung around the house until HH time. the music went awesome today! i loved it so much. playing guitar is such a great joy for me. i want to be in a band and play on stage someday. like, i really REALLY want to. honestly, it's one thing that i can for sure say is a goal i want to accomplish. we shall see.

i wish i would know soon how this summer is going to happen for me. i want to know if i'm going to be leaving or not. there are sad parts about leaving and about staying. i think there's more that i'll miss if i'm gone for the summer, but then there's also more that i'll gain. if i'm home for the summer tho, i'm definitely making it a summer of music for me. i can't wait to drive my car with the windows down, blasting the music. glorious.

i was happy with how my mind handled things today. very happy actually, i was proud of myself. some potentially shattering information hit me much much less hard than i would have thought it would. maybe it's because i already went over the possibility in my mind. it's funny, if you think of every scenario, you're bound to be surprised when one you thought of comes true. i think in this case i was lucky i had thought of it already and went through the irrationality of getting worked up over it. healing is good. i've too often been one to keep my wounds open, not letting them heal properly, perhaps to show somebody the scar later. that's emo, i shouldn't do that. of course this is metaphorical.

i sometimes wish i lived up at grand valley. i've got cool friends who live up there, and i only get to see them like once a week. in a way, i feel like i'm not real friends with them because we don't get to hang out. it's sad. i feel like i'm not included with them or something, like i'm not really with them. this is probably a silly thought, but i had the thought today.

.... i think i'm a bad friend. i had that thought just this second. i sit at home most of the time, doing my own thing. i go to work, go to school, and i hang out with the people around me while i'm there, but that's almost all there is to it. i rarely, almost never, call people up, whether it's just to say hi or to hang out. why is that? i think i almost don't want to impose myself on anyone. like i don't want to suggest taking up their time. maybe that's why i don't feel i'm that close with my friends, i don't try to be close. sometimes i think i'm selfish with my time too.

oh God, what have i been doing? am i that unloving to my friends? i'm sorry. i'm so sorry. i sit here in my room, i sit at my computer, i watch away messages change, facebook statuses update, i see pictures of friends together, and i miss them, and i still sit here watching.

i hate money, i hate gas, i hate being too busy. i hate all the excuses i could use for not being with my friends. today i just felt like hugging all of my friends. they don't know i really do love them, but i'm so stuck on myself. i'm thankful for the ones that hug me first. i need to start giving hugs more. i don't care if it's awkward or not. why is it awkward? whose fault is that? is this another product of society? society and all it's stupid ideas on proper and normal? i hate these limitations i let be put on me by things i don't even agree with.

i need to do something. now that i've realized this i can't just stay the same. God please give me strength to do something about this all.

2 comments:

  1. I usually just read this and don't comment, but I feel like I really should this time

    I know how you feel when you talk about feeling like you aren't real friends with your friends at grand valley. I feel that same way a lot back home. I live a totally different life from my friends there. I get along perfect with everyone and we all love each other, but i kinda feel like the kid who's tagging along that everyone's cool with...but not tight with. but i guess the best thing to do is be the best friend you can be to those people and try not to worry.

    you also made me think of something else: lately God's been putting it on my heart to compliment my friends more. I'll thank God so much for them in prayer, yet i know that i dont' show them how much i appreciate them. i've done it a handful of times now, it's a very relaxing thing in an odd way. on that note...

    to be honest, you're one of the people that i really respect and am thankful for, but i just keep those thoughts in my head. i've told other people before that you're a person who i'd love to be best friends with. even though you have a ton of struggles, you seem to keep things together well, and i'm daily encouraged by how you always look to God for help (something i neglect). i truly enjoy playing music with you and just talking about stuff, you always have a very unique view on things

    anyways...now that i wrote a comment half as long as your post...keep it up man! i know you have a lot of struggles, but just keep your focus where it belongs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe thanks man! today and yesterday i was actually thinking about how i like playing music with you too! we need to do some jamming when you come back home again. my house has a nice little music room with a view of the street. i really appreciated going out for coffee that one day, it's something i like never do, and should do more. hanging with people is far better than hanging out with my computer monitor. but when you combine people and they all have computer monitors......

    haha. thanks again for the comment. good luck with classes and tell kileen i said hi. (i think i spelled his name right)

    ReplyDelete